The play schedule has been set for winter play at the Boys and Girls Club.
M/W/F: 9AM-Noon – New Gym
Sunday: 4-7 PM – Parks and Rec Open Gym at the New Gym (P&R fee $3)
- Beginning Oct 1 indoor play at the Boys and Girls Club will be the default and we can continue with outdoor play weather permitting. So show up first at the B&GC.
- Notification will be made when the Hackleman Park nets are taken down for the winter. People wanting to play outdoors could simply make their own arrangements with other players.
- For MWF 9-12 indoor play in the new building at the Boys & Girls Club, one of the Board members will enter the building and open up the courts and the storeroom with the equipment. Everyone else should enter the door into the courts on the SE corner of the building, NOT the front doors. If the door is not ajar, knock loudly. Also, please wipe your feet dry before walking on the courts. No charge at this time.
- PLEASE SIGN UP IN ADVANCE ON THE DOODLE BOARD! This is especially important during the winter when we have fewer players. People need to know whether there will be enough players to warrant the trip.
- Sunday Open Gym play will be in the New Gym. Beginning on Oct. 13 from 4 – 7pm. Cost will be $3 per session. A punch card may be purchased that will bring the cost down to $2 per session.
Congratulation to the Albany Pickleball Club medalists in the 2013 Picklebarrel Classic hosted by the Columbia River Pickleball Club in Vancouver, WA. Another great turnout!!!
Men’s Doubles 3.5
– Gold: John Morey – Bob LeRoy
– Bronze: Lee Nordhagen – Mark Floyd
Men’s Doubles 4.0
– Silver: Brian Morey – Ernie Castro
– Bronze: Roger Rosenthal – Bob Anderson
Men’s Doubles 4.5
– Silver: Po Leung – James Schupp
Men’s Singles 3.0
– Silver: Lee Nordhagen
– Bronze: Bob LeRoy
Men’s Singles 4.0
– Bronze: Brian Morey
Women’s Singles 3.0
– Gold: Sherri Oslie
Women’s Singles 3.5
– Silver: Suzanne Colby
Women’s Doubles 3.0
– Bronze: CoraMay Johnson – Becky Cox
Women’s Doubles 3.5
Silver: Sue Leung – Wendy Asano
Women’s Doubles 4.0
Gold: Judy Rosenthal – Connie Anderson
Silver: Sherri Oslie – Suzanne Colby
The Albany Pickleball Club had its September 2013 General Meeting. Highlights:
Congratulations to our New Officers:
– Vice President – John Morey – 2 Year Term
– Secretary – Florence Allen – 2 year Term
– Finishing their 2 year terms: Dennis Dahlen President, JoNan LeRoy Treasurer
– 2103 Budget Passed
– Dues for 2013/14 – $20
– ByLaw amendments passed
– Remember PickleballCentral.com Club Discount – For any purchase Club Members receive a 5% discount and 5% goes into a fund for the Club to make future purchases. See the Pickleball Central post
– Rally In The Valley will be August 1-3, 2014 (1st weekend in August). Swapped weekends with Bend. Will be a better weekend for events in Albany and the school. Looking for someone to take on the Tournament Director role next year.
– Agreed to purchase an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) for club use next year.
– Agreed to make indoor play at the Boys and Girls Club the default and continue with outdoor play weather permitting.