ALBANY PICKLEBALL CLUB INFO
Albany Pickleball Club Membership Benefits
The Albany Pickleball Club (APC) promotes growing pickleball in Albany. Meet a great group of people, make new friends and enjoy pickleball at all levels!
Organizing as a club (since 2012) and membership dues has allowed us to partner with the Albany City Parks and Recreation Department to provide outdoor courts for play at Eleanor Hackleman Park and indoor courts at the Albany Boys and Girls Club. It has also enabled us to negotiate exclusive use time for club members so we ensure the courts are available for our scheduled activities.
APC has lobbied the city for years to get new dedicated courts and 8-12 new courts which will be constructed at LBCC with exclusive use times for APC members.
Membership dues are due in October of each year and are $20. Hackleman Pickleball Court drop-in fee is $3 for non-members. For summer of 2019, when you pay dues your membership will be good till October of 2020!
Become a Member or Contact the Club: firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Benefits Include:
- Exclusive APC Members play dates and times
- Free or reduced fee for play during organized play schedule
- Free or reduced fee for clinics
- Free Learn To Play Lessons
- Pickleball Social Events
- com website & blog
- Albany Pickleball Club Facebook Page
- Providing pickleballs for organized play
- Providing AED, monitoring and updates
- Providing first aid kit
- First Aid Training
- Developing Ladder League and/or Round Robin play for those interested in a more competitive environment
- One of the longest running tournaments in Oregon
- Hosting of the USAPA Northwest Region’s Super Seniors Regional Qualifier Tournament
- Purchasing extra amenities for new and existing courts
- 5% discount for any purchase at com + an additional 5% goes to a club account for club purchases (Discount Code Required)
Accomplishments As An Organized Club:
- The club negotiated with the city to get the initial Hackleman Court renovation, and then
- Negotiated with the city to get the 2nd surfacing of the courts and developed a three-way partnership with area Edward Jones for funding
- Negotiated with the city for maintenance of the Hackleman Pickleball Courts after renovation. In the past we did all the maintenance
- The club has been working with the city for 7-8 years to get new courts which has just about come to fruition
- Hosting 7th Annual Rally In The Valley Tournaments in July
- Hosting the Super Seniors Regional’s in September which is part of the USAPA Northwest Regional’s – a qualifier for the Nationals.
- Held multiple clinics and training
– President: John Morey
– Vice President: Jon Miller
– Secretary: Cheryl Hultberg
– Treasurer: Pam Harris
– Past President: Jim Morrison
– CLUB BYLAWS Revised June 21, 2018